History of the School Archive

Our archives cover the history of the School’s existence with the first Warden, Algernon Simeon, beginning recording and keeping archival records from 1870. Wilfrid Cowell, our longest serving teacher (1880-1937), was the first official Archivist and donated photograph albums, scrapbooks and all manner of memorabilia while encouraging others to do the same. He set up the first School Archives in what is Macnamara’s House today in 1883.

Chris Nathan (OSE) is our current Archivist having joined in 2000 and has written several books and many articles about the School’s history. Some of these have been adapted and can be found on ‘Teddies Tales’. He is assisted by Jemima Hegerty-Ward, who joined the School in 2022.

Browse Archive
Photograph Archive